Wow, I cannot believe that two weeks have already gone by with my little man! Part of me feels like it was only yesterday that we went to the hospital and another part of me feels like he has always been here. It's weird how fast such a huge life change becomes normal. We can't imagine our lives without Landon now...it's as if he has always been a part of our family, like something was missing before and he came along to fill that void.
"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
-- Agatha Christie
At Landon's two week appointment we learned that he is already 11oz over his birth weight! "Gaining weight like a champ" as the doctor put it. I guess I can stop wondering if he is getting enough to eat since almost all feedings are initiated by me and not him.
So far he is a super easy going baby. He rarely wakes me up at night, and now that I know I am allowed to let him sleep for up to five hours at night I'll be getting more sleep :) We'll see if this lasts! He definitely takes after his Momma's sleep patterns though in that he likes to be wide awake for quite a while around the 10pm-12am time frame and then not again until 9 or 10am...
Funny stories for Landon's first two weeks:
1. Within an hour of birth, Landon peed and pooped all over Mommy... he wanted to initiate me right away!
2. First diaper change home from the hospital AND Daddy's first diaper change ever - Landon peed all over with his diaper off. I guess he wanted to initiate us both right away.
3. During newborn pictures, Daddy was holding Landon (naked) and he peed ALL over Daddy's stomach. Hahaha....that was fantastic.
4. During another diaper change with Daddy - Landon peed with the diaper off again, only this time he managed to aim directly for his own mouth. YUCK!
I am learning from this that all of the funny stories involve pee or poop and that Landon likes to save these moments for Daddy quite often!
Fun firsts and momentous occasions during the first two weeks:
1. June 6th - Birth and meeting most of the family
2. June 7th - home from the hospital!
3. June 8th - first doctor visit, first trip to the store.
4. June 9th - Met Aunt Kayla
5. June 14th - First time going out just Mommy and Landon.
6. June 15th - umbillical cord stump fell off and met Uncle Zach.
7. June 17th - First Father's Day, first long car ride, first trip to a restaurant.
8. June 20th - First binky AND first real bath (Landon seemed to enjoy both!)
What a busy couple of weeks it has been! We are loving this experience and are excited to see what the coming weeks will bring! We are so in LOVE.
Also, Landon is looking forward to meeting some more special people this weekend and in the coming weeks!!